Monday, March 28, 2011

1 Down, ?? More to Go!


We are off!  After waking up to a clear & sunny (but chilly!) morning, we finished the last minute packing, and hit the road only about an hour after I was shooting for--not bad for us and for this long of a trip I guess. 








It was a good day for travelling, and we went as far as Winchester, KY.  We parked the RV then unhooked the Jeep to drive over to Natural Bridge State Park, which was a really pretty place.  We hiked to the top of the bridge and walked across it, then out on to some really cool, steep overlooks, and came down a little crevice called Devil's Gulch.  The lodge there had a nice little buffet where we stopped for supper, then headed back to out home for the night...



















Super Wal Mart!  Yes, it has seemed like a 2nd home for Steph for many years, but tonight it really is!    I'm still learning the RV lingo, and they tell me this is called "boondocking" it!   Everyone seems pretty tired though, so I think we will sleep good no matter where we are.  Heading into West Virginia tomorrow.  More updates soon!










 

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Can't wait to see the country with you. We did Natural Bridge State Park back in the fall for the first time. Beautiful place! Safe travels... Carmen R

    ReplyDelete